top navigation

Friday, June 19, 2015

WIP: Work in Progress

For me being creative can be a bit of a roller-coaster.

One moment I'm fully inspired and I want to immediately set out to do whatever project I have concocted, but then a few days, weeks, or months later I've lost my drive and all those ideas fall by the wayside.

Sadly, I've dropped a few very promising ideas in this manner.

What I think the situation requires is "conscious creativity." What I mean by this is setting aside time to pursue my various ideas – with proper research for those projects that require it – though I have to watch how much time I put into research. I've found that I love to read up on topics related to whatever new idea or skill I want to engage in, and sometimes that can override the actual project itself. I even wrote about this problem previously.

Whew!

How do I accomplish this? By purposefully setting aside a specific amount of time on a specific day, and actual focus solely on that project. For me, the best time would be Sunday. I've got a full day to myself to do whatever I want... which tends to end up being not much!

I'm suggesting to myself to take one or two hours and focus on a creative goal. Don't fiddle on any of the distracting websites I usually frequent, but take a focused set of time to make my goals happen. My current goal is to update my resume, portfolio, and a few other social media items to allow me to buff up my online presence and find a new job. VERY IMPORTANT I'D SAY!

And even if the block of time doesn't yield particular results for my personal media bundling, I can at least tend to my blog more frequently. So many things have happened since my last update, I hardly know where to begin! I'd rather share as they happen, rather than months later in a "wrap-up post."

Time to pull my agenda out and get organized!


Creativity Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment