As the weather turns colder, and we start bundling up in our autumn attire - what
better way is there to spend a lovely fall afternoon than with
friends and a cup of tea?
Now this might not be your 'cup of tea' - but for our group of eight
ladies that came together to celebrate the birthday of one of our
own, it was an outing I was looking forward to all week!
Afternoon
Tea is a ritual that requires participants to slow down and take the
time to enjoy conversation, as well as delicious little goodies.
Believe me, by time we got to the hotel, I was hungry even though I
ate a good brunch!
After
making my tea choice (everyone got their own individual pot of tea),
I was eager to begin. Usually I stick to a few particular blends:
most variations of green tea (when brewed appropriately), and Earl
Grey combinations. Not terribly interesting, is it? For this occasion
I wanted something lighter and fruity. I
like to have my teas 'black' – without milk or sugar.
For me, choosing is the hardest part. I know what I like, and there are many choices that cater to that, but I was considering each tea in the collection - which made for a daunting task. Each one seemed better than the last! But I did make a decision! My
choice for this occasion ended up being a brew that featured passion fruit
and turned out to be perfect.
But
what is afternoon tea without the food?
MMMmm~! Scones and sandwiches. What
is it about small sandwiches that makes them taste so good? Just looking at
these photos again is making me hungry – is it lunch time yet?
Clockwise from top: Cucumber with Sundried Tomato Paste and Dill Cream Cheese, Grilled Chicken with Granny Smith Apples Citrus Mayonnaise, Greek Yogurt & Chives, and finally Smoked Salmon with Wasabi Sour Cream and Salmon Caviar
We
were treated to the mouthwatering choice of scones with two flavours
of preserves and Devon Cream, sandwiches, tarts, and of course,
petits fours – the dessert!
Clockwise from left: Lemon Square, Coffee Tart, Homemade Marshmallow, Chocolate Flourless Cake with Raspberry, Pumpkin Tart, and Cheesecake with Strawberry. So fancy.
I'm
a sucker for cheesecake, and I love strawberries - so of course I had
to have that one! Since it's fall, I chose the pumpkin tart too.
Gotta get in all my pumpkin eatin' now! I heard wonderful things
about the flourless cake in the form of delighted moaning. Maybe I
should have chosen differently?
Another Happy Birthday~!
I
vote we make this an annual event!
Creatively, Christine
Creatively, Christine





flourless cake.... much yum.... such delicious
ReplyDelete