Last week Wednesday, I was feeling pretty good. Why? I finished putting the last touches on my Christmas cards on December 17th - but better late than never! I've wanted to do this many times in years past, but I would get started too late, be uninspired for a design, and eventually we would have steamrolled right into the new year with another Christmas passing by in a blur.
Check out that stack!
This year I have at least a dozen cards going out today (I'm glad I had enough money for postage - some of these are international) and each time I sat down to write another card, I was reminded of how I met that person. Some were friends I met in college, some I met because we shared similar tastes in movies, and some because we were involved in the same hobby at that time. Others make up family that I'm keeping in contact with, and others I'd just like to send a warm thank you for supporting me.
It made me think about, well, me. (I know that sounds a little funny to read - trust me, it felt that way to write it!) I always hoped I'd get the chance to know people who lived in different places, and now as I look back, that desire has come true. I've got people in my hometown, folks just across the border, and even a few overseas.
Sometimes I get down on myself for feeling as if I haven't grown in the ways I wanted to, but making and writing these cards has reminded me how much of an impact these people have made in my life, and the positive impact I've made on their lives.
You don't have to be sending dozens of cards during the holiday season, or even have your mailbox full of letters. Just as long as you can call, email, text, or write one person and tell them how much they mean to you makes all the difference to them... and for you.
Happy Holidays :)
Creatively Christine
No comments:
Post a Comment